Formerly known as Revue de Stomatologie, de Chirurgie Maxillo-faciale et de Chirurgie Orale, Journal of Stomatology Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (6 issues/year) is the official publication of the French Society of Stomatology Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Surgery (Société Française de Stomatologie Chirurgie Maxillo-faciale et de Chirurgie Orale (SFSCMFCO).
J Stomatol Oral Maxillofac Surg publishes research papers and techniques – (guest) editorials, original articles, reviews, technical notes, case reports, images, letters to the editor, guidelines – dedicated to enhancing surgical expertise in all fields relevant to oral and maxillofacial surgery: from plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face, oral surgery and medicine, … to dentofacial and maxillofacial orthopedics.
Original articles include clinical or laboratory investigations and clinical or equipment reports. Reviews include narrative reviews, systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
All manuscripts submitted to the Journal are subjected to peer review by international experts, and must:
• Be written in excellent English, clear and easy to understand, precise and concise;
• Bring new, interesting, valid information – and improve clinical care or guide future research;
• Be solely the work of the author(s) stated;
• Not have been previously published elsewhere and not be under consideration by another journal;
• Be in accordance with the journal's Guide for Authors' instructions: manuscripts that fail to comply with these rules may be returned to the authors without being reviewed.
Under no circumstances does the journal guarantee publication before the editorial board makes its final decision.
The Journal is indexed in the main international databases and is accessible worldwide through the ScienceDirect and ClinicalKey Platforms.